Thursday, January 20, 2011

Thursday, January 20th

Good chilly morning! It is 42 below, at the moment. This means that we will most definitely have another day of indoor recess. It also means that I will need to wear a coat and mittens this morning.

The last time it was 40 below, I walked into our school without a coat or hand protection. Before you think I'm crazy, I always keep a heavy coat and an emergency bag with thermals, hand warmer, 40 below boots, a scarf, hat, etc. in my car at all times. So, I have the proper gear, if I were to need it. So, anyway, I walked up to the door of our school and grabbed the handle to open the door. As I touched the 40 below metal handle, my skin stuck to the metal and gave me quite a burn! Yes, I learned a very valuable lesson. Always have on gloves or mittens when it's this cold to keep from getting burned.

It looks as if we will start to moderate on Saturday with highs of 10 below. It will warm even more on Monday and we will be above zero!

Current Conditions at 6:30 a.m.:

Temperature: 42 below zero
Skies: Clear
BP: 29.74 and steady
Sunrise: 10:13 a.m.
Sunset: 3:51 p.m.

7 Day Outlook from the NWS:

Today...Mostly clear. Patchy ice fog. Highs 20 to 35 below in the valley and around 5 below in the hills. Light winds.

Tonight...Mostly clear. Patchy ice fog. Lows 30 to 45 below in the valley and around 10 below in the hills. Light winds.

Friday...Partly cloudy. Highs 15 to 30 below in the valley and around 5 below in the hills. Light winds.

Friday Night...Increasing clouds. Lows 25 to 40 below in the valley and around 10 below in the hills. Light winds.

Saturday...Cloudy. Chance of snow. Highs 5 to 15 below. Light winds.

Saturday Night...Cloudy. Lows near 15 below.

Sunday...Cloudy. Chance of snow. Highs near 5 above.

Sunday Night...Cloudy. Chance of snow. Lows near 5 below.

Monday...Mostly cloudy. Highs near 10 above.

Monday Night...Mostly cloudy. Lows near 5 below.

Tuesday...Mostly cloudy. Highs near 10 above.

Tuesday Night...Cloudy. Chance of snow. Lows near 5 below.

Wednesday...Cloudy. Chance of snow. Highs near 10 above.

No comments:

Post a Comment