Monday, August 23, 2010

Cool Weekend Mornings and a Warmer Monday

Good morning from North Pole, Alaska! We had a beautiful weekend here in the Interior. Saturday morning started off at 34 degrees. Since I had an early morning meeting, I put on long pants and a long-sleeve shirt and headed out. By the time I got out of my meeting at Noon, the temperature was up to 64 degrees! Needless to say, I was way too hot. I really need to learn to dress in layers!

Sunday morning I arose to 31.6 degrees. Our first freeze of the Fall season! As I was getting ready to go to church, I remembered my lesson from Saturday. So, I put on something light weight and a pair of sandals and headed off to service. Yes, it was a bit chilly, but by the time we got out, the weather was a perfect 61 degrees.

This morning (Monday, August 23rd) our low was 43 degrees. It is a bit warmer with the cloud cover. However, the NWS promises we will top out in the mid 60's again. They hold true to this for the rest of the week. Personally, I'll take it!

Current Conditions at 6:30 a.m.:

Temperature: 45 degrees
Skies: Mostly Cloudy
RH: 75%
DP: 39.6
BP: 30.38 and rising
Sunrise: 6:03 a.m.
Sunset: 9:41 p.m.

The coldest temperature I could find this morning was 35 degrees in Eagle, Alaska. Eagle is located along the Alaska/Canadian border and has a populations of about 130 people.

No comments:

Post a Comment